"The mission of Virgil Middle School is to educate and empower
all students to become socially responsible and successful
members of society"
- QUALITY EDUCATION: We believe that a quality education is achieved through rigorous academic work that shows measurable mastery of predetermined instructional standards.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We believe accountability fostered by clear expectations, high standards, responsibility, and self-sufficiency is vital for ensuring academic success and social growth.
- LIFELONG LEARNING: We believe that fostering curiosity, creativity, cultural understanding, and imagination provides intellectual stimulation that leads to a lifelong love of learning.
- TEAMWORK: We believe that teamwork is essential to create a positive environment because it fosters trust, mutual understanding, open communication and collaboration among all stakeholders.
- HUMOR / SPIRIT: We believe it is important to foster a sense of spirit through an atmosphere of trust, belonging and humor that leads to a productive, safe and enjoyable work environment.
- RESPECT FOR DIVERSITY: We believe that respect for diversity is achieved in an accepting environment where all stakeholders are patient, informed, caring, demonstrate cultural understanding, and persevere to reach common goals.
- PEACE AND SOCIAL JUSTICE: A sense of personal and intellectual accomplishment along with good citizenship will come from a healthy community which advocates integrity, fairness, positive solutions, peace and social justice.